Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back From the Inauguration (See pictures)

FYI Pictures are below the text. I took a ton of pictures. But have only posted a few. Will post more pictures later. ALSO, LATER IN THE WEEK I PLAN TO GET BACK IN Joe Deters’ Ass. (DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW) Greetings All-- I’m back from Washington where I covered the Lincoln 2.0 Inaugural Ball at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. There were countless (official and unofficial) balls throughout the Washington DC area, but this ball was an All-Inclusive Experience. Ticket prices to attend this ball were $375 per person. VIP tickets were $.500. The ball captured the Victorian essence of Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Ball, which took place in the same building. Ball goers were dressed in both Victorian style and black tie attire. Live entertainment included Saint Tone, Keb’ Mob’, JT Taylor former lead singer of the band Kool and the Gang, , and the always classy Grammy award winner Anita Baker. There were ample open bars and food stations in the stunning setting. I’ll be honest it was hard working this event. I wanted to party (OK I partied a little, but still managed to complete my reporting duties.) Also, we visited famous Ben’s chili on U St in Washington D.C. The chili parlor is famous because celebs like Bill Cosby and the President…Yes President Barack Obama eat there. The line to get in that place was wrapped around blocks. I was so looking forward to getting a chili dog or a bowl of chili, but had to settle for just taking a “I was there photo.” Oh well, next time. I attended a ceremony at the African-American Civil War memorial. The statue there is called the “Spirit of Freedom,” The wall of honor behind it has the names of 209, 148 United Stated colored troops. A select group of male students from Marie Reed (school that President Obama has visited) elementary school dressed as soldiers, carried muskets, and marched at the ceremony. The muskets looked like rifles and it was an amazing sight seeing the young, boys of color participate in the ceremony. The ceremony was followed by a reception at the historical Prince Hall freemason Masonic temple where present day honor guard soldiers where the guest of honor. Finally, I wish to thank my traveling companion and photographer, who helped me work the event. He took the official pictures that I will post at a later date. Signing off. I need some rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally cool FBK

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!! But it looks like you have enough memories for all of us

Anonymous said...

ya...Joe Deters GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool pics. I like the one with you an Abe Lincoln. Pretty expensive gala you were at but everyone in the picture looked as if there was no other place they rather be. I hope you enjoyed yourself and bring back plenty of that "Yes we can" spirit back to Cincinnati, to defeat the enemy Joe Deters.