Monday, January 12, 2009

Inauguration, and other unfinished business

It’s 4:32 am. I’m trying to contain my excitement as I count down the days until I leave for the inauguration. I’m a ball of energy. Still there are some local stories that are eating away at me. I will follow and update these stories as I learn more information. The first story is that of three young white men, around the ages of 16-19, who robbed a Comfort Inn at 5944 West Chester Road, at gun point on December 18, 2008. I haven’t heard anything else about this story from the media. I’m interested to know if they’ve been caught and what the outcome of their case is. The next story that I’m following is that of Norman Holmes. Norman Holmes is a black man, who made headline news when he was arrested for the 109th time for stealing a product in the amount of 13 dollars. Mr. Holmes was sentenced to 90 days in jail. I’m going to write him and see what's "really going on with him". I supposed there are some mental health and or drug issues. I’m going to see if I can interview Holmes. Clearly the criminal justice system does not know what to do with him. 13 dollars and how many tax-payer dollars to incarcerate him? And we wonder why our criminal justice system needs an overhaul. Finally, I’m looking to cover the Lincoln 2.0 Barack Obama Inaugural ball at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. The event is supposed to be hot--with performances by Anita Baker, Keb’ Mo’ and John Cruz, with Saint Tone. Also Victorian Dance Ensemble, Susquehanna Travelers and Eric Felton Band. A Lincoln impersonator will also be at the event. I hear the honorable Obama may even show up. I’ll keep you’ll updated.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a great time you lucky dog