Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Deters @ it again! Councilmember Thomas preaches, Winburn silent, Amos Project Awesome

Feb 24, 2010

Last night I was at Carmel Presbyterian Church in Avondale. I attended the AMOS project kick-off of NEHEMIAH CAMPAIGN: REBUILDING OUR COMMUNITY

“After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, ‘Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives, and your homes.”

Nehemiah 4:14

Issues discussed at the event: Criminal Justice - Impact on families and community

It was a packed house with two council members in attendance (Thomas and Winburn). One of them preached, and not the one you think. Councilmember Thomas brought the house down with his preaching, what’s scary--he sounded very sincere, and he was very good. Winburn sat quietly. Cleary his heart is heavy knowing that so many in our communities don’t have jobs, can’t get jobs, because of past criminal records, even after they have paid their debt to society.

David Singleton, Executive Director, Ohio Justice & Policy Center fired the crowd up! He brought one of his clients, Gene Mayes, ex-offender, remarkable story, has paid his debt to society--can’t get a job with the City.

The lawyer for the Amos project really lit a fire on Deters’ whore humping a$$ in stating Deters wrote a fraudulent letter claiming that the county is bound by law NOT TO hire ex-felons. The lawyer stated that he studied the law and once again, Deters (known for breaking the law), has his persecutor’s foot on citizens necks. I’m sorry that I didn’t get the attorney’s name. However, I gave him a handshake and hope to see him again. I will because I’m going to commit myself to do more work with AMOS.


Speaking of which-- The Amos Project will march on Thursday Feb 24,2010 at 9am sharp to City Hall. Contact them at 513.751.2222 www.theamosproject.org

Finally, No Justice No Peace. When will CPS board do right back black folk? Show love to the NAACP and donate to the Legal fund. 513.281.1900

There! I did my PSA. Now back to that whore-humping persecutor. Shameful.


0 comments: