Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ft. Hood - My hood

I woke upthis morning, really early, like 3 am, and saw the caskets of the Ft. Hood soldiers going home. My heart truly bleeds for the families of the soldiers. Why? What if…..?? And so many other questions surrounding that tragedy bounce in my head.

On another note-- my hood. Everyday there’s a tragedy! And no one seems to care.

Our honorable President-- I went on the White House website and below are the issues listed. What about his promise to eliminate sentence disparities? Over prosecution/sentencing? I write the President every month (sometimes more). I keep the generic correspondences that I receive. I appreciate the President and will continue to support him. But I’ll also continue to fight for my hood.

Issues
Civil Rights
Defense
Disabilities
Economy
Education
Energy & Environment
Ethics
Family
Fiscal Responsibility
Foreign Policy
Health Care
Homeland Security
Immigration
Poverty
Rural
Seniors & Social Security
Service
Taxes
Technology
Urban Policy
Veterans
Women
Additional Issues (nothing about sentence disparity, etc.)

0 comments: