Friday, August 22, 2014

Go Kill Yo self! How did Kajieme Powell die?



1:22 am
Insomnia does bad things to people like me who write and overthink way too many things because I love my people. 

Thursday morning, I heard Radio One personality Roland Sebastian Martin (he wears many titles, but the radio is where I heard him on Thur), “going ham” over the killing of Kajieme Powell by the St. Louis police. 

I’ve seen and heard bits and pieces of the video and some radio chatter.  Radio chatter suggests that Powell had a mental condition and was being picked on before he was killed.

Which started my mind to thinking about how some still think mental disorders are funny (no pun, Mr. Williams and R.I.P.), and warrant the individual being picked on.

A trend I’ve read on Facebook from both white and black people (mostly young) is the saying, “Go kill Yo self.” What's that about?

I’m wondering if Mr. Powell (R.I.H.) had heard that one too many times and when the police came…in his mind he went to,”Go Kill Yo self.”

I'm just thinking out loud.

Even if that is what was on his mind - how can the police shoot you down in 23 seconds, hand cuff your corpse, and throw you in a morgue AKA the back of the police car - just like that.  Is it really open season?

(excuse this shitty and unedited post…it’s late…we’ll it’s early 1:38 am now)


Give me you thoughts on this, dear readers.

0 comments: